2015 is here. Is it time to take your team to a new performance level?
I thought you might find this checklist (of sorts) helpful. Print, share, hang it in your office. Just put it to use and enjoy!
1. Perspective - Determine what matters the most to those who matter to you and your team.
- Brainstorm a list of customers
- Identify the top three customers
- Answer the following questions: Who do we serve? What matters most to them? How are they performing at what matters most to them? Which areas that matter most can our team impact?
- Draft your team’s purpose statement on your own
- Meet with your team and share your draft statement with them
- Solicit team member input and modify the statement to best reflect your team’s purpose
- Distribute the statement to those who matter most to you and your team
- Use the statement daily as a reminder of who your team serves and why your work matters
- Brainstorm a list of possible goals
- Place a check next to the top six ideas
- Answer the following: Can we get it done? Can we tell if we won? Is it important? Does it make sense? Will it help our team fulfill its purpose? Do we need and can we get needed funding?
- Determine if each goal is a project or process goal.
- For project goals, identify: Who? Does what? By when?
- For process goals, identify the following: Who? Does what? To what standard? How often?
- Ensure every team member is clear on the priorities and the plans to make them happen
- Develop a tracking tool to measure progress
- Meet frequently to ensure everyone knows the progress and remains focused on the goals
- Set a date to review the results of the effort and celebrate successes
An article copied from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/5-steps-ensure-your-team-performs-better-2015-leddin-ph-d-pmp